Think out of the box with innovative ways to serve up the creamy green fruit. Avocado is rich with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber and nearly minerals and 20 vitamines, avocado deserves a place in your daily diet as a true nutritional superfood. As an almost ten years vegan this magical fruit is one of my favorites and the best substitute for the different pastes out here. You can mix it into other recipes, swap avocado for mayo on a sandwich, slice it into your morning bowl of oats or top salads with it. Better yet try these creative dishes that are packed with powerful nutrients in every bite you take.
- 4oz almond, coconut, or other milk of choice
- 4oz water
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup spinach or baby kale
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/3 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp peanut or almonds butter
*Can sub in 2 tbsp peanut powder plus 1 tbsp chia seeds.
Piece all ingredients in a blender with ice and blend.
Calories: 292, Fat: 14g, Carbs: 34g, Fiber: 11g, Protein: 13g
Avocado Fries with Creamy Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/4 tsp garlic-and-herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup coconut or oat flour
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled, or 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat soy yogurt
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cover avocado slices with a squeeze of lime, then sprinkle with garlic-and-herb seasoning.
- Dunk each slice into flour, then dip into egg mix and then breadcrumbs.
- Place avocado slices on a greased baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To make dipping sauce, blend yogurt and hot sauce, Serve with avocado fries.
Calories: 2226, Fat: 15g, Carbs: 22g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 6g
- 1/2 cup spinach or baby kale
- 2 tbsp shredded Vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 medium avocado sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend. If desired, add about 1 tbsp water to achieve thinner consistency.
Calories: 169, Fat: 17g, Carbs: 4g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g